tomee-users mailing list archives

From tonywestonuk <to...@totspics.com>
Subject Re: Permgen issue?
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 09:49:15 GMT
Ok.... I think I have a couple of places where this memory could be leaking.

When I remove the async, this no longer appears in the heap dump.   I dont
have a @PreDestroy, but I wouldn't know what to put in that method anyhow.
All I want is for my async method to run outside the main HTTPRequest thread
so it doesn't slow up the response, and once that method is done (it only
takes a second or so to run), then that is the end of that!...  There is no
cancelling anything....   Or is there something I do have to do to destroy
the background thread that processes these async methods?

Anyhow,  as I say, this is only one of my permgen issues.  After removing
the async method, the application still didn't GC on redeploy.   I tracked
this down to using JAXRS.  I made a very simple webapp that simply returns a
java object serialised as JSON, in a get request.  This GC's ok on redeploy.
However, if I add the configuration according to adam-bien,

http://www.adam-bien.com/roller/abien/entry/configuring_the_json_default_provider

This stops it hot deploying, it appears that the JSONProvider doesn't GC,
and this retains a reference to the JAXB class that is serialised to
JSON......