tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jack Bounds <Jack.Bou...@googlemail.com>
Subject log4j 2 : JDBC Appender
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 09:28:06 GMT
Hi TomEE guys!

I am using log4j2 and like to add a mysql JDBC pooled appender to my
log4j2.xml configuration.
I failed to do so, and instead of reporting all the stupid stuff I tried the
last days, I got three basic questions.

1: Where is a good place to add a resource as the following?

<Resource name="jdbc/LoggingDB" auth="Container"
              factory="org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource" maxActive="100" maxIdle="30"
maxWait="10000"
              username="some-name" password="some-pwd"
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
              url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/test" />

2: What would the jndiName attribute of DataSource in log4j2.xml look like
then?

<Appenders>
<JDBC name="databaseAppender" tableName="logging">
            <DataSource jndiName="what-is-the-valid-jndi-name-of-LoggingDB"
/>
            <Column name="..." />
            <Column name="..." />
 </JDBC>
</Appenders>

3: Do I need any further configuration in another file (like
WEB_INF/web.xml, WEB_INF/resources.xml) ?

I am running TomEE tomee-plus-1.7.2.

I would appreciate any help,
BR Jack