tomee-users mailing list archives

From Michael S├╝dkamp <Michael.Suedk...@docware.de>
Subject Documentation / Getting started with Intellij
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 14:57:11 GMT
Hello,

I tried to setup this example for me: http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/injection-of-connectionfactory/README.html
. My understanding was I could use it in a normal web-app. But I failed. I always get an NPE
when using connectionFactory because obviously it gets non injected for some reason.

Next I wanted to setup the subversion  project in Intellij IDEA 14 as described here: http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-and-intellij.html.
I am very much used to IDEA. I am not used to Subversion and Maven.  I activated the Subversion
and Maven integration and checked out the project.  According to the screenshots, IDEA resolved
the Maven dependencies.
Next step should be to add a TomEE configuration. As mentioned in your document, IDEA complains
about missing artefact to deploy. But where is the artefact definition described? Or is this
supposed to be created as a result of the Maven magic - in this case it didn't work for me.

Best regards

Michael