tomee-users mailing list archives

From Michael Südkamp <Michael.Suedk...@docware.de>
Subject Using JMS with Resource annotation
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 15:10:42 GMT
Hello,

We are using JMS with Tomcat/ActiveMQ as well with IBM Websphere/IBM MQ.
We have resource-ref entries in our web.xml which are referencing the JMS resources configured
in the container.

Now we would like to get rid of the web.xml resource-ref entries. In my understanding they
can be replaced by @Resource annotations as described here: http://tomee.apache.org/tomcat-jms.html

But whether I use the @Resource annotation for the ConnectionFactory without name attribute
as in your example or whether I specify the name configured in the container, I always get
a NullPointerException when using the factory instance, i.e. the factory doesn't get injected.

What am I missing here?

mit freundlichen Grüßen
with kind regards

Michael Südkamp