tomee-users mailing list archives

From ChrisOwens <ch...@chris-owens.com>
Subject Suggestions for socket listener
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 22:21:55 GMT
I have an application that makes extensive use of EJB and runs in a TomEE
server.  I have a new requirement to listen for UDP broadcast datagrams. I
understand that running a socket listener from a singleton bean is
non-compliant with EJB recommended practices, but I'm not sure what the
cleanest way to implement this is. I have begun to read about JCA adapters
but have not got far yet. I could also run a separate, standalone process
that listens for the datagrams and then emits JMS messages. Do you have any
recommendations?

Thanks,

/c