tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan S. Fisher" <jonat...@springventuregroup.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Artemis?
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 22:07:26 GMT
Alright, I've gotten really far now. It's not pretty... and still not
working, but it's close and I need just a bit more help:

* remove all the activemq and dependencies from tomee/lib
* unzip the artemis rar and move these jars into tomee/lib:

artemis-commons-1.1.0.jar
artemis-core-client-1.1.0.jar
artemis-jms-client-1.1.0.jar
artemis-jms-server-1.1.0.jar
artemis-journal-1.1.0.jar
artemis-native-1.1.0.jar
artemis-ra-1.1.0.jar
artemis-selector-1.1.0.jar
artemis-server-1.1.0.jar
artemis-service-extensions-1.1.0.jar
geronimo-jms_2.0_spec-1.0-alpha-2.jar

* create the following following directory tree tomee/lib/org/apache/openejb
* open the tomee/libopenejb-core-xxx.jar and move the
META-INF/org.apache.openejb/service-jar.xml file to
tomee/lib/org/apache/openejb/
* Edit the JMS section with these contents: http://pastebin.com/DtL6AhMX
* Replace your tomee.xml sections with these: http://pastebin.com/kpsNvu9v

This seems to start the adapter, but then things come crashing down:
http://pastebin.com/qH0w9qUb

Any chance you could tell me what's going on here?

*Jonathan S. Fisher*
*VP - Information Technology*
*Spring Venture Group*
(o) 913-653-8820

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM, Jonathan S. Fisher <
jonathan@springventuregroup.com> wrote:

> Actually scratch that... I think it's my fault. Checking with the artemis
> people on something.
>

> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Jonathan S. Fisher <
> jonathan@springventuregroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Alrighty, so keeping the jars in tomee/lib,  I now how this tomee.xml
>>
>> <Resource
>> id="ra/activemq"
>> class-name="org.apache.activemq.artemis.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
>> </Resource>
>> <Resource
>> id="jms/connectionFactory"
>> type="javax.jms.ConnectionFactory">
>> ResourceAdapter = ra/activemq
>> DiscoveryGroupAddress = 224.61.61.6
>> DiscoveryGroupPort = 61616
>> </Resource>
>>
>> Fails with this stack trace:
>>
>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: must provide either
>> TransportType or DiscoveryGroupAddress and DiscoveryGroupPort for
>> ResourceAdapter Connection Factory
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.artemis.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter.createActiveMQConnectionFactory(ActiveMQResourceAdapter.java:1707)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.artemis.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter.setup(ActiveMQResourceAdapter.java:1552)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.artemis.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter.start(ActiveMQResourceAdapter.java:245)
>> at
>> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.doCreateResource(Assembler.java:2629)
>> at
>> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createResource(Assembler.java:2442)
>> at
>> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.buildContainerSystem(Assembler.java:527)
>> at
>> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.build(Assembler.java:439)
>> ... 17 more
>>
>> Argh...
>>

>> *Jonathan S. Fisher*
>> *VP - Information Technology*
>> *Spring Venture Group*
>> (o) 913-653-8820
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> the link in the thread i sent has such a doc. you can also just use
>>> class-name now (provider is the previous way to do so)
>>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <
>>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Tomitriber