tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to launch EjbServer?
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 14:19:24 GMT
:

> > From: Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
> > To: "users@tomee.apache.org" <users@tomee.apache.org>,
> > Date: 08.10.2015 16:05
> > Subject: Re: How to launch EjbServer?
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > by default it is done on http[s]://[host]:[port]/tomee/ejb
> >
> > to activate ejbd you need to force the service manager impl using in
> > conf/system.properties:
> openejb.service.manager.class=org.apache.openejb.
> > server.SimpleServiceManager
> >

> Wow, that was quick :)
>

> That leads me to some more questions:
>
> Is it the preferred way to use remote EJB via HTTP?

depends your need, ejbs is optiomized (performances) where http is built in
and inherit tomcat configuration (= simpler)

> I read somewhere that I need a tomee webapp deployed for that, has this
> changed?

this is built-in

> Can I create an EJB cluster with HTTP?

Not sure what it exactly means, you can reuse failover with http yes.

> Would you mind to write about 'openejb.service.manager.class' on this
> page?
>
> http://tomee.apache.org/ejb-refs.html
>
> That would have saved me a lot of time ;)

should be on http://tomee.apache.org/properties-listing.html I guess, you
can edit the pages of the website with the little blue pen and it will send
us a diff we can integrate.