tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Artemis?
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 22:09:44 GMT
we likely wrap/proxy jms instances so the RA needs to cast it not that hard
or we would need to unwrap it. not sure without digging in artemis code if
it is their or our bug

Side note: you should be able to deploy the rar as a rar, not a big deal
for now

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

jonathan@springventuregroup.com>:

> [...]
> geronimo-jms_2.0_spec-1.0-alpha-2.jar
>
> * create the following following directory tree
> tomee/lib/org/apache/openejb
> * open the tomee/libopenejb-core-xxx.jar and move the
> META-INF/org.apache.openejb/service-jar.xml file to
> tomee/lib/org/apache/openejb/
> * Edit the JMS section with these contents: http://pastebin.com/DtL6AhMX
> * Replace your tomee.xml sections with these: http://pastebin.com/kpsNvu9v
>
> This seems to start the adapter, but then things come crashing down:
> http://pastebin.com/qH0w9qUb
>
> Any chance you could tell me what's going on here?
>

> *Jonathan S. Fisher*
> *VP - Information Technology*
> *Spring Venture Group*
> (o) 913-653-8820
>
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM, Jonathan S. Fisher <
> jonathan@springventuregroup.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually scratch that... I think it's my fault. Checking with the artemis
> > people on something.
> >

> > On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Jonathan S. Fisher <
> > jonathan@springventuregroup.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Alrighty, so keeping the jars in tomee/lib,  I now how this tomee.xml
> >>
> >> <Resource
> >> id="ra/activemq"
> >> class-name="org.apache.activemq.artemis.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
> >> </Resource>
> >> <Resource
> >> id="jms/connectionFactory"
> >> type="javax.jms.ConnectionFactory">
> >> ResourceAdapter = ra/activemq
> >> DiscoveryGroupAddress = 224.61.61.6
> >> DiscoveryGroupPort = 61616
> >> </Resource>
> >>
> >> Fails with this stack trace:
> >>
> >> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: must provide either
> >> TransportType or DiscoveryGroupAddress and DiscoveryGroupPort for
> >> ResourceAdapter Connection Factory
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter.createActiveMQConnectionFactory(ActiveMQResourceAdapter.java:1707)
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter.setup(ActiveMQResourceAdapter.java:1552)
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter.start(ActiveMQResourceAdapter.java:245)
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.doCreateResource(Assembler.java:2629)
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createResource(Assembler.java:2442)
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.buildContainerSystem(Assembler.java:527)
> >> at
> >> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.build(Assembler.java:439)
> >> ... 17 more
> >>
> >> Argh...
> >>

> >> *Jonathan S. Fisher*
> >> *VP - Information Technology*
> >> *Spring Venture Group*
> >> (o) 913-653-8820
> >>
> >> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <

MDB

> https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/examples/features/sub-modules/artemis-ra-rar/src/main/resources/ra.xml

> jboss*.

deps we likely