tomee-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Nenning <Christoph.Nenn...@lex-com.net>
Subject How to launch EjbServer?
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 14:03:18 GMT
Dear List,

I'm new to TomEE so please forgive me if I ask something obvious.

I want to play with remote EJB and created a simple setup:

- TomEE 1.7.2
- 2 Instances (same machine, different ports)
- in 1st instance I deployed an EAR providing a simple EJB
- in 2nd instance I deployed a WAR which tries to access the EJB

Now my problem is that the 1st instance does not open the ejbd port (4201)
and the 2nd one cannot connect.

I created the file 'conf/conf.d/ejbd.properties' with content (the file
was not created automatically):

server      = org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbServer
bind        = 0.0.0.0
port        = 4201
disabled    = false
threads     = 20
discovery   = ejb:ejbd://{bind}:{port}

I also tried to set those properties in conf/system.properties and to pass
them on the commandline (in both cases prefixed with "ejbd."). But no
luck.

In log it seems that EjbServer is not started:

Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.ServiceManager
initServer
INFORMATION: Creating ServerService(id=cxf)
Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.ServiceManager
initServer
INFORMATION: Creating ServerService(id=cxf-rs)
Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.SimpleServiceManager
start
INFORMATION:   ** Bound Services **
Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.SimpleServiceManager
printRow
INFORMATION:   NAME                 IP              PORT
Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.SimpleServiceManager
start
INFORMATION: -------
Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.SimpleServiceManager
start
INFORMATION: Ready!

Do I miss a config switch to turn EjbServer on?

Regards,
Christoph