tomee-users mailing list archives

From Gabriel Buades <gbua...@soffid.com>
Subject EJB with slash on JNDIName
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 16:16:53 GMT
Hello.

I am experiencing with Tomee 1.7.4 and OpenEJB, and I am trying to deploy
an EJB on a specific JNDI path: soffid/version2/ejb/MyBean to get
compatiblity with existing client code.

I've written a proper openejb-jar.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/openejb-jar/1.1">
  <ejb-deployment ejb-name="SoffidDeployerBean">
    <jndi name="soffid/version2/ejb/MyBean"/>
  </ejb-deployment>
</openejb-jar>

But it is ignored.

Looking at source code, I've found that if the JNDI contains a slash, it's
only used if it starts with "default". So, if I replace the desired path
with default/soffid/version2/ejb/MyBean :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/openejb-jar/1.1">
  <ejb-deployment ejb-name="SoffidDeployerBean">
    <jndi name="default/soffid/version2/ejb/MyBean"/>
  </ejb-deployment>
</openejb-jar>

The EJB is deployed at default/soffid/version2/ejb/MyBean, but I'd like to
strip the default prefix.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel