tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http://myhost:8080/tomee give "HTTP Status 404 -" error
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 12:58:44 GMT

> My understanding is that tomee-webaccess (webapps/tomee) is a admin
> console of sorts for TomEE.  Why would it not be included by default?  I
> must be misunderstanding something.

It is kind of but it doesn't provide much feature for administration,
mainly a port of the old webapp for the setup of a tomee instance from
tomcat. Today since tomee is a packaged tomcat and you don't need to do it
yourself the usefulness of that is smaller so we decided to remove it.

We can also ask you: even if it would be an admin GUI: why would it be
there by default? Most of people use scripts or provisioning tools to setup
tomee so GUI are just noise and additional setup to do. Personally I like
having it an option even if then tomee is less shining but it matches more
real life IMO.