tomee-users mailing list archives

From Karl Kildén <karl.kil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommended ORM for 7
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 17:28:56 GMT
If you use JSF I would just add Eclipselink or Hibernate otherwise Plume.

EclipseLink allows loading lazy relationships as long as the connection is
still available so you rarely have issues with lazy loading. Instead you
have more issues with N+1, we use x-rebel to catch that.

EclipseLink has a couple of query hints that are really effective all
though superfluous with the new EntityGraph. However the EntityGraph is
still buggy for me.

Hibernate is very known and used. However not only as JPA provider but with
Hibernate API directly causing many stackoverflow answers or code snippets
to be out of date and style. Also caused by their API that changing quite a
bit over time.

Overall I am happy with Eclipselink but I think it's not bad going with
either. I saw that TomEE had a dist with it and also that several users
where happy with it so I tried it and liked it.