tomee-users mailing list archives

From tam <...@tamatzner.de>
Subject Re: Johnzon - bugs or features?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 10:33:19 GMT
Still confused. I want to map java POJOs 1-1 to JSON, and in fact I've been
doing it all the time. (I learned all that stuff a while ago using Jackson.)
Looking at Jackson's docs on
http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonJAXBAnnotations and Genson's on
https://owlike.github.io/genson/, they both claim to use JAXB annotations.
So if Johnzon works like those, why would it ignore the annotations?

Anyway, it's sort of running now, but the problems I described are still
present: No nested objects, and endless fiddling around before it actually
serialized. Don't ask me what I did wrong, but around 50 times it just gave
me lists of empty objects like [{}, {}, {}...]. (But the right number of
objects, so at least it recognized them.)

BTW I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. It's just when I see in the
Maven Repository that something is announced as incubating and alpha, and
documentation is sparse, I get the message that it's not finished yet. I'd
also prefer to belong to the happy crowd who's using it without problems;
I'm just lacking information to get happy too.