tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Johnzon - bugs or features?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 11:18:38 GMT

> Still confused. I want to map java POJOs 1-1 to JSON, and in fact I've been
> doing it all the time. (I learned all that stuff a while ago using
> Jackson.)
> Looking at Jackson's docs on
> http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonJAXBAnnotations and Genson's on
> https://owlike.github.io/genson/, they both claim to use JAXB annotations.
> So if Johnzon works like those, why would it ignore the annotations?

Hehe, For both JAXB is not the main API but something added.

> Anyway, it's sort of running now, but the problems I described are still
> present: No nested objects, and endless fiddling around before it actually
> serialized. Don't ask me what I did wrong, but around 50 times it just gave
> me lists of empty objects like [{}, {}, {}...]. (But the right number of
> objects, so at least it recognized them.)

Looks like properties are not accessible (POJO standard meaning)

> BTW I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. It's just when I see in the
> Maven Repository that something is announced as incubating and alpha, and
> documentation is sparse, I get the message that it's not finished yet. I'd
> also prefer to belong to the happy crowd who's using it without problems;
> I'm just lacking information to get happy too.

Well the confusion is quite common but incubating is not about code but
linked to Apache community. Documentation is for sure not very verbose but
help is welcomed and I think you are one of the most accurate person to do
that at the moment cause you are the first one really getting issues. If
you are interested just contact us on johnzon list and we'll help you to
work on the doc.