tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Johnzon - bugs or features?
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2016 18:26:07 GMT
Le 11 juin 2016 18:01, "Steve Goldsmith" <sgjava@gmail.com> a écrit :

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/johnzon/apache-johnzon

> I've had several Johnzon issues over the months using TomEE 7. Typically
> you just need to drop the latest incubating jars into TomEE lib dir.
Romain
> knows of the issues (most of the time) and can direct you to the
corrective
> action.
>
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 11:10 AM, tam <tam@tamatzner.de> wrote:
>
> > Technically, the Johnzon list is certainly the place to discuss that
stuff.
> > So let's discuss further points there. I see two lists on the Johnzon
site,
> > a commits list and a developer list. Both appear to be used mostly by
the
> > development team and not contain questions of users like me. Which of
them
> > (or what else) should I use?

Dev one.

> > Still, I think the topic has a TomEE aspect as well. When a library
> > included
> > with TomEE is replaced by something that causes considerable effort and
> > uncertainty (e.g. because it uses different annotations, is scarcely
> > documented, behaves unpredictably, ...), this is a drawback for TomEE
> > itself. A user might not even be aware which of the dozens of libraries
is
> > responsible for a certain misbehavior (e.g. if it doesn't throw an
> > exception
> > but just doesn't work in the expected way).

Same if you put jpa annotations for a jaxb model. Today we got more
positive feedbacks than negatives to be honest. We also always fixed bugs
fast. So here is the thing: we are open source, not owned by a company so
you are happy or you contribute - reporting a big with a testcase is
awesome - or you find a company happy to do the fixes you want.

Last note: you can change the provider in tomee and nobody forces you to
use tomee if that is a that bad server....

> > Both the Johnzon download page and Maven appear only to offer 0.9.3. Is
> > 0.9.4 available somewhere?

Not yet. We are waiting some infrastructure work to release the graduated -
no more incubating -binaires.