tomee-users mailing list archives

From scaddenp <p.scad...@gns.cri.nz>
Subject Digest changed from 1.7.2 to 7.0.1???
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 23:59:27 GMT
I am trying to migrate from 1.7.2 to 7.0.1 but I am hitting problem trying to
login. In server.xml I have
	    <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm"
               dataSourceName="jdbc/auth" digest="MD5"
               userTable="datauser" userNameCol="username"
userCredCol="password"
               userRoleTable="datarole" roleNameCol="rolename"/>
     </Realm>

However, if I digest -a MD5 [a password] in the 7.0.1 server, I get a very
different (much longer) digest to what I get when I enter exactly the same
command in the 1.7.2 server. This seems very strange. I cant find any
documentation about a change to the digestor.

I also get this rather odd message in the startup log:
WARNING - [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Realm/Realm} Setting
property 'digest' to 'MD5' did not find a matching property.

digest is still listed as attribute of the realm in tomcat documentation.