tomee-users mailing list archives

From Deepak Vohra <dvohr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Confused why other user is failing to find Oracle driver in classpath
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:14:03 GMT
Is the stack trace copied and pasted as such? If so, seems to be an extra space in the driver
class
 Unable to resolve class

oracle.jdbc.driver. OracleDriver

Should be

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
On Tue, 8/16/16, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Confused why other user is failing to find Oracle driver in classpath
 To: "users@tomee.apache.org" <users@tomee.apache.org>, "Deepak Vohra" <dvohra09@yahoo.com>
 Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 12:08 PM

 @Deepak: was the point
 of classpath=mvn:xxx

 Romain
 Manni-Bucau
 @rmannibucau |
  Blog | Old Wordpress
 Blog | Github | LinkedIn |
 Tomitriber | JavaEE
 Factory

 Deepak Vohra <dvohra09@yahoo.com.invalid>:
 Caused
 by: java.lang. ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.
 OracleDriver

 Firstly, the class is deprecated use
 oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

 Secondly, the jar file has to be in the runtime classpath of
 the server.

 ------------------------------ --------------

 On Tue, 8/16/16, KARR, DAVID <dk068x@att.com>
 wrote:

  Subject: Confused why other user is failing to find Oracle
 driver in classpath

  To: "users@tomee.apache.org"
 <users@tomee.apache.org>

  Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 11:27 AM

  My app is running fine on my laptop,

  using TomEE 7.0.1.  I'm trying to set up another
 person

  to run the same service on his laptop.  I had him

  install the same JDK, TomEE, and Eclipse.  I had him

  use the same server config files that I'm using.
 We

  specify to load the Oracle driver with the

  'classpath="mvn:..." strategy in the
 DataSource definition.

  When he starts his server, he sees the following

  stacktrace:

  -------------------

  Aug 16, 2016 11:21:28 AM

  org.apache.openejb.util. OpenEJBErrorHandler

  handleUnknownError

  SEVERE: FATAL ERROR: Unknown error in Assembler.

  Please send the following stack trace and this message to
 users@tomee.apache.org

  :

  org.apache.xbean. propertyeditor.
 PropertyEditorException:

  Unable to resolve class oracle.jdbc.driver.
 OracleDriver

         at

  org.apache.xbean. propertyeditor.ClassEditor.
 toObjectImpl(ClassEditor.java: 43)

         at

  org.apache.xbean. propertyeditor.
 AbstractConverter.toObject( AbstractConverter.java:86)

         at

  org.apache.xbean. propertyeditor.
 PropertyEditors.getValue( PropertyEditors.java:284)

         at

  org.apache.xbean.recipe. RecipeHelper.convert(
 RecipeHelper.java:181)

         at

  org.apache.xbean.recipe. ObjectRecipe.
 extractConstructorArgs( ObjectRecipe.java:592)

         at

  org.apache.xbean.recipe. ObjectRecipe.internalCreate(
 ObjectRecipe.java:275)

         at

  org.apache.xbean.recipe. AbstractRecipe.create(
 AbstractRecipe.java:96)

         at

  org.apache.xbean.recipe. AbstractRecipe.create(
 AbstractRecipe.java:61)

         at

  org.apache.openejb.assembler. classic.Assembler.
 doCreateResource(Assembler. java:2965)

         at

  org.apache.openejb.assembler. classic.Assembler.
 createResource(Assembler.java: 2800)

         at

  org.apache.openejb.assembler. classic.Assembler.
 buildContainerSystem( Assembler.java:574)

         at

  org.apache.openejb.assembler. classic.Assembler.build(
 Assembler.java:483)

         at

  org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB$
 Instance.<init>(OpenEJB.java: 150)

         at

  org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB. init(OpenEJB.java:307)

         at

  org.apache.tomee.catalina. TomcatLoader.initialize(
 TomcatLoader.java:247)

         at

  org.apache.tomee.catalina. ServerListener.lifecycleEvent(
 ServerListener.java:168)

         at

  org.apache.catalina.util. LifecycleBase.
 fireLifecycleEvent( LifecycleBase.java:94)

         at

  org.apache.catalina.util. LifecycleBase. setStateInternal(
 LifecycleBase.java:401)

         at

  org.apache.catalina.util. LifecycleBase.init(
 LifecycleBase.java:115)

         at

  org.apache.catalina.startup. Catalina.load(Catalina.java:
 606)

         at

  org.apache.catalina.startup. Catalina.load(Catalina.java:
 629)

         at

  sun.reflect. NativeMethodAccessorImpl. invoke0(Native
 Method)

         at

  sun.reflect. NativeMethodAccessorImpl. invoke(
 NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java: 62)

         at

  sun.reflect. DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl. invoke(
 DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl. java:43)

         at

  java.lang.reflect.Method. invoke(Method.java:498)

         at

  org.apache.catalina.startup.
 Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java: 311)

         at

  org.apache.catalina.startup.
 Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java: 494)

  Caused by: java.lang. ClassNotFoundException:

  oracle.jdbc.driver. OracleDriver

         at

  org.apache.openejb.util. classloader.
 URLClassLoaderFirst.loadClass(
 URLClassLoaderFirst.java:140)

         at

  java.lang.ClassLoader. loadClass(ClassLoader.java: 357)

         at

  java.lang.Class.forName0( Native Method)

         at

  java.lang.Class.forName(Class. java:348)

         at

  org.apache.xbean. propertyeditor.ClassEditor.
 toObjectImpl(ClassEditor.java: 40)

         ... 26 more

  I've looked at his .m2/repository, and the correct jar
 file

  is there, and it has the specified class.  What could

  he possibly have done differently in his setup compared

  mine?