tomee-users mailing list archives

From Kay Wrobel <kay.wro...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Getting ConfigurationException: Factory ClientWindowFactory was not configured properly
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 16:24:26 GMT
Totally agree on the fail. So, the good word here is that PLUME works, one simply needs to
supply a beans.xml file. Anyway this can be documented very clearly somewhere? I mean, luckily,
PLUS and Web Profile, which is probably the majority of downloads, adhere to the "optional"
beans.xml and still run in CDI 1.2 (am I right?). But since PLUME has this "deficiency", I
think it's probably worth noting somewhere. Maybe in the release notes? Or maybe even on the
downloads page? Somewhere where it's unmistakable that the developer needs to explicitly create
beans.xml or an exception will occur.

What's your take on that?

Kay

> On Aug 5, 2016, at 11:17 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> beans.xml "is" optional (strictly speaking cause if you check what it does
> when not there you probably want to add it back)
>
> issue is OwbAppfactory expects CDI to be there, if there is no CDI need
> then i suspect it is skipped and mojarra integration behaves differently
> than myfaces one - failing :D.
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Wordpress Blog
> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau>

>> I have added both 7.0.1 PLUS and Web Profile to my NetBeans installation.
>> I can take the same project, switch it to PLUS or Web Profile and deploy
>> the simple web app successfully. NetBeans does NOT generate a beans.xml
>> file anymore since that has been made optional in JSF 2.2 (I believe).
>>
>> In order to test your concern, I have added a beans.xml file and now the
>> project deploys successfully! So, again, I thought the beans.xml file is
>> optional. Look at Weld 2.2 which is the CDI 1.2 reference implementation
>> and  scroll down where it says that beans.xml is now optional:
>> http://weld.cdi-spec.org/news/2014/04/15/weld-220-final/
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Kay
>>
>>> On Aug 5, 2016, at 11:06 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> looks like CDI was completely turned off for this app, is that possible?
>>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Wordpress Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
>> rmannibucau> |