tomee-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Zachary Bedell <zbed...@nycourts.gov>
Subject Re: Provider org.apache.bval.cdi.BValExtension could not be instantiated?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:53:18 GMT
I wasn't able to find any packages matching bval or cdi in what I was deploying, but I did
manage to figure it out.  

My dependency manager (Ivy) ran away on me, and I was inadvertently packaging parts of Hibernate,
and older versions of Spring and bcel among a few other bits.  Trimming that back to what
was intended got everything working again.

Sorry for the false alarm...

-Zac


> On Aug 26, 2016, at 16:33, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> You can switch it off but i suspect you deliver bval or cdi api in your
> ear. Just remove it
> 
> Le 26 août 2016 22:03, "Zachary Bedell" <zbedell@nycourts.gov> a écrit :
> 
>> Greetings all,
>> 
>> I've managed to break my TomEE 7.0.1 install pretty thoroughly, but I'm at
>> a loss as to what I've done.  Hoping something familiar jumps out to
>> someone.
>> 
>> The most proximate change that I made involved adjusting the Java
>> truststore to get our local Active Directory certificates trusted (for an
>> LDAPRealm authentication).  As far as I can tell, I've reverted everything
>> to do with that, but I'm still left with a fatal exception loading CDI
>> extensions fairly early in startup.  Removing my app's EAR and starting an
>> empty TomEE works, so it's something in my packaging, but I'm at a loss.
>> 
>> Any help would be much appreciated.
>> 
>> 15:58:01,873 INFO  [Catalina] Initialization processed in 20914 ms
>> 15:58:01,890 INFO  [StandardService] Starting service Catalina
>> 15:58:01,890 INFO  [StandardEngine] Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat
>> (TomEE)/8.5.3 (7.0.1)
>> 15:58:01,903 INFO  [tomcat] ------------------------- localhost ->
>> /.DS_Store
>> 15:58:02,122 INFO  [TldScanner] At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet
>> contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list
>> of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded
>> JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
>> 15:58:02,198 INFO  [tomcat] ------------------------- localhost -> /ejb
>> 15:58:02,244 INFO  [TldScanner] At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet
>> contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list
>> of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded
>> JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
>> 15:58:02,282 INFO  [tomcat] ------------------------- localhost -> /jmx
>> 15:58:02,344 INFO  [TldScanner] At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet
>> contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list
>> of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded
>> JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
>> 15:58:02,378 INFO  [tomcat] ------------------------- localhost ->
>> /readme.txt
>> 15:58:02,410 INFO  [TldScanner] At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet
>> contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list
>> of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded
>> JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
>> 15:58:02,460 INFO  [tomcat] ------------------------- localhost ->
>> /addresscleanse
>> 15:58:02,482 INFO  [cdi] Existing thread singleton service in
>> SystemInstance(): org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl@
>> f0e995e
>> 15:58:02,490 INFO  [cdi] OpenWebBeans Container is starting...
>> 15:58:02,494 INFO  [PluginLoader] Adding OpenWebBeansPlugin : [CdiPlugin]
>> 15:58:02,494 INFO  [PluginLoader] Adding OpenWebBeansPlugin :
>> [OpenWebBeansJsfPlugin]
>> 15:58:02,527 INFO  [Version] Hibernate Validator 4.0.2.GA
>> 15:58:02,545 INFO  [DefaultTraversableResolver] Instantiated an instance
>> of org.hibernate.validator.engine.resolver.JPATraversableResolver.
>> 15:58:02,548 ERROR [DefaultLoaderService] Problem while loading CDI
>> Extensions
>> java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: javax.enterprise.inject.spi.Extension:
>> Provider org.apache.bval.cdi.BValExtension could not be instantiated
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(ServiceLoader.java:232)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader.access$100(ServiceLoader.java:185)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(
>> ServiceLoader.java:384)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.next(
>> ServiceLoader.java:404)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$1.next(ServiceLoader.java:480)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.service.DefaultLoaderService.load(
>> DefaultLoaderService.java:59)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OptimizedLoaderService.loadExtensions(
>> OptimizedLoaderService.java:88)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OptimizedLoaderService.load(
>> OptimizedLoaderService.java:82)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.portable.events.ExtensionLoader.
>> loadExtensionServices(ExtensionLoader.java:79)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.portable.events.ExtensionLoader.
>> loadExtensionServices(ExtensionLoader.java:70)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer.deploy(
>> BeansDeployer.java:214)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(
>> OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.initialize(
>> ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:193)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiBuilder.build(CdiBuilder.java:60)
>>        at org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.startInternal(
>> TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:1382)
>>        at org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.configureStart(
>> TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:1115)
>>        at org.apache.tomee.catalina.GlobalListenerSupport.lifecycleEvent(
>> GlobalListenerSupport.java:133)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(
>> LifecycleBase.java:94)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(
>> StandardContext.java:5076)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:152)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(
>> ContainerBase.java:1405)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(
>> ContainerBase.java:1395)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
>> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
>> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>> Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
>>        at org.apache.bval.cdi.BValExtension.<init>(BValExtension.java:94)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> Method)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(
>> NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(
>> DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(
>> ServiceLoader.java:380)
>>        ... 23 more
>> 15:58:02,552 ERROR [startup] CDI Beans module deployment failed
>> org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansConfigurationException: Problem
>> while loading CDI Extensions
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.service.DefaultLoaderService.load(
>> DefaultLoaderService.java:68)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OptimizedLoaderService.loadExtensions(
>> OptimizedLoaderService.java:88)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OptimizedLoaderService.load(
>> OptimizedLoaderService.java:82)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.portable.events.ExtensionLoader.
>> loadExtensionServices(ExtensionLoader.java:79)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.portable.events.ExtensionLoader.
>> loadExtensionServices(ExtensionLoader.java:70)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer.deploy(
>> BeansDeployer.java:214)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(
>> OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.initialize(
>> ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:193)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiBuilder.build(CdiBuilder.java:60)
>>        at org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.startInternal(
>> TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:1382)
>>        at org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.configureStart(
>> TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:1115)
>>        at org.apache.tomee.catalina.GlobalListenerSupport.lifecycleEvent(
>> GlobalListenerSupport.java:133)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(
>> LifecycleBase.java:94)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(
>> StandardContext.java:5076)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:152)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(
>> ContainerBase.java:1405)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(
>> ContainerBase.java:1395)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
>> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
>> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>> Caused by: java.util.ServiceConfigurationError:
>> javax.enterprise.inject.spi.Extension: Provider org.apache.bval.cdi.BValExtension
>> could not be instantiated
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(ServiceLoader.java:232)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader.access$100(ServiceLoader.java:185)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(
>> ServiceLoader.java:384)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.next(
>> ServiceLoader.java:404)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$1.next(ServiceLoader.java:480)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.service.DefaultLoaderService.load(
>> DefaultLoaderService.java:59)
>>        ... 20 more
>> Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
>>        at org.apache.bval.cdi.BValExtension.<init>(BValExtension.java:94)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> Method)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(
>> NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(
>> DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(
>> ServiceLoader.java:380)
>>        ... 23 more
>> 15:58:02,552 ERROR [tomcat] Error merging Java EE JNDI entries in to war
>> /addresscleanse: Exception: couldn't start owb context
>> javax.enterprise.inject.spi.DeploymentException: couldn't start owb
>> context
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.initialize(
>> ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:195)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiBuilder.build(CdiBuilder.java:60)
>>        at org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.startInternal(
>> TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:1382)
>>        at org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.configureStart(
>> TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:1115)
>>        at org.apache.tomee.catalina.GlobalListenerSupport.lifecycleEvent(
>> GlobalListenerSupport.java:133)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(
>> LifecycleBase.java:94)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(
>> StandardContext.java:5076)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:152)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(
>> ContainerBase.java:1405)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(
>> ContainerBase.java:1395)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
>> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
>> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>> Caused by: org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBRuntimeException:
>> org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansConfigurationException: Problem
>> while loading CDI Extensions
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(
>> OpenEJBLifecycle.java:200)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.initialize(
>> ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:193)
>>        ... 13 more
>> Caused by: org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansConfigurationException:
>> Problem while loading CDI Extensions
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.service.DefaultLoaderService.load(
>> DefaultLoaderService.java:68)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OptimizedLoaderService.loadExtensions(
>> OptimizedLoaderService.java:88)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OptimizedLoaderService.load(
>> OptimizedLoaderService.java:82)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.portable.events.ExtensionLoader.
>> loadExtensionServices(ExtensionLoader.java:79)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.portable.events.ExtensionLoader.
>> loadExtensionServices(ExtensionLoader.java:70)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer.deploy(
>> BeansDeployer.java:214)
>>        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(
>> OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)
>>        ... 14 more
>> Caused by: java.util.ServiceConfigurationError:
>> javax.enterprise.inject.spi.Extension: Provider org.apache.bval.cdi.BValExtension
>> could not be instantiated
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(ServiceLoader.java:232)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader.access$100(ServiceLoader.java:185)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(
>> ServiceLoader.java:384)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.next(
>> ServiceLoader.java:404)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$1.next(ServiceLoader.java:480)
>>        at org.apache.webbeans.service.DefaultLoaderService.load(
>> DefaultLoaderService.java:59)
>>        ... 20 more
>> Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
>>        at org.apache.bval.cdi.BValExtension.<init>(BValExtension.java:94)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> Method)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(
>> NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(
>> DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
>>        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(
>> ServiceLoader.java:380)
>>        ... 23 more
>> 
>> 
>> *******
>> The same logs above are repeated for every web deployment in the EAR.
>> After they're all done, this list bit indicates the Server component
>> failed, and TomEE dies.
>> *******
>> 
>> 15:58:03,028 ERROR [ContainerBase] A child container failed during start
>> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException:
>> Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].
>> StandardHost[localhost]]
>>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(
>> ContainerBase.java:913)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(
>> StandardEngine.java:262)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:152)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(
>> StandardService.java:422)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:152)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(
>> StandardServer.java:791)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:152)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:655)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:355)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:495)
>> Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start
>> component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost]]
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:158)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(
>> ContainerBase.java:1405)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(
>> ContainerBase.java:1395)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
>> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
>> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>> Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: A child container
>> failed during start
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(
>> ContainerBase.java:921)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.startInternal(
>> StandardHost.java:890)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:152)
>>        ... 6 more
>> 15:58:03,029 ERROR [Catalina] The required Server component failed to
>> start so Tomcat is unable to start.
>> org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component
>> [StandardServer[8005]]
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:158)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:655)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:355)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:495)
>> Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start
>> component [StandardService[Catalina]]
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:158)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(
>> StandardServer.java:791)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:152)
>>        ... 7 more
>> Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start
>> component [StandardEngine[Catalina]]
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:158)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(
>> StandardService.java:422)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:152)
>>        ... 9 more
>> Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: A child container
>> failed during start
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(
>> ContainerBase.java:921)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(
>> StandardEngine.java:262)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(
>> LifecycleBase.java:152)
>>        ... 11 more
>> 15:58:03,030 INFO  [Http11Nio2Protocol] Pausing ProtocolHandler
>> ["http-nio2-127.0.0.1-8080"]
>> 15:58:03,030 INFO  [Http11Nio2Protocol] Pausing ProtocolHandler
>> ["https-jsse-nio2-127.0.0.1-8443"]
>> 15:58:03,030 INFO  [StandardService] Stopping service Catalina
>> 15:58:11,597 INFO  [Http11Nio2Protocol] Destroying ProtocolHandler
>> ["http-nio2-127.0.0.1-8080"]
>> 15:58:16,825 INFO  [Http11Nio2Protocol] Destroying ProtocolHandler
>> ["https-jsse-nio2-127.0.0.1-8443"]
>> 
>> 
>> I'm stumped...
>> 
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Zac Bedell
>> 
>> 


Mime
View raw message