tomee-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject Why is TomEE not serving pages from deployed apps?
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 20:28:58 GMT
This is related to my other issue with "Confused why other user is failing to find Oracle driver
in classpath".

I was able to get both of us moving forward by manually copying the Oracle jar into the tomee/lib
directory (which I don't consider a final fix), but then I discovered that even though the
other person's tomee console seems to show everything is fine, when I visit "http://localhost:8080/<appname>"
in the browser, I just get a 404.  I compared the console output he gets with what I get,
and although there are lots of trivial differences, I don't see any indication that it had
any trouble deploying the GUI app, but when we visit the URL for the app, it just gets a 404.

I noticed that both of our configs say that it should put webapps in ".metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps",
relative to the Eclipse workspace.  I checked in my environment, and I have both of my apps
there, but in his env, that folder is empty.  This may be some sort of Eclipse weirdness.