tomee-users mailing list archives

From Robert van Loenhout <r.vanloenh...@greenvalley.nl>
Subject ejb2 jndi name
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 14:08:08 GMT
Hi,

I'm deploying something with ejb2 in tomee.
In the log I can see entries like thisd that bind the EJBs to JNDI.
Jndi(name=global/my_ear-version/my_ejb-version/MyEjb!com.company.MyEjbHome) --> Ejb(deployment-id=MyEjb)
Jndi(name=global/my_ear-version/my_ejb-version/MyEjb) --> Ejb(deployment-id=MyEjb)

I can indeed use these global names to access my EJB from the InitialContext, however I need
a way to access them with an easier name, prefereably the ejb-name, or the deployment-id.

I tried to search an answer for this and I did get the following information.

http://tomee.apache.org/deployment-id.html
This page mentions that I, a lazy developer, can use the -D option of the deploy tool, but
I don't know how to configure this for tomee.

http://tomee.apache.org/jndi-names.html
This page specifies how to customize the JNDI name.
I have set
openejb.jndiname.format = {ejbName}
in the system.properties and catalina.properties, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks for any help.