tomee-users mailing list archives

From gilbertoca <gilbert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TomEE 7.0.1] Does openejb-core-hibernate have the same usage as openejb-core-eclipselink in tomee-embedded-maven-plugin?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 12:21:22 GMT
Romain Manni-Bucau wrote
> Hello,
>
> First there is no "usage of openejb-core-x in
> tomee-embedded-maven-plugin".
> These dependencies were originally there to replace openejb-core in
> embedding testing (pure openejb).
>
> Concretely they just switch the jpa (+ for hibernate the bean validation)
> implementation. This means that is you define hibernate dependencies
> yourself this is pretty useless to use that dependency.
>
> With hibernate you also have to take care to exclude the conflicting API
> (jpa and few others).

Thanks for clarify.

Romain Manni-Bucau wrote
> Finally a big warning for hibernate on > 7.0.1: jpa-cdi has a chicken egg
> issue, to be spec compliant I fixed it for the coming 7.0.2 but for
> hibernate it implies to start it lazily (there is a property for that)
> otherwise it will start using CDI before CDI is started (all details are
> on
> the associated jira ticket if you are interested).

My intention is use just the default tomee-embedded-maven-plugin config. But
for this I need JPA 2.1 provider.
Requirement: converters for javax.time and schema-generation.

Any chance of using OpenJPA-3? It seems frozen. I would like to help by
trying it and reporting issues.