tomee-users mailing list archives

From Zachary Bedell <zbed...@nycourts.gov>
Subject Get JDBC pool capacity
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 17:18:41 GMT
Good afternoon,

I'm working on a monitoring agent for TomEE to plugin to an in-house package we use.  One
of the most common failures in our current app server (JBoss) usually manifests as expended
JDBC connection pools, so we alert as pools approach full to get some kind of warning of impending
doom when the database can't keep up.

I need to get a handle on TomEE's datasource pools to check their maximum size & current
active connection count programatically.  I've tried searching through both JMX (how we do
it in JBoss) and the JNDI tree.  I can find the javax.sql.DataSource in both trees as well
as a reference to org.apache.openejb.resource.jdbc.DataSourceFactory in JMX.  It doesn't appear
any of the objects I've been able to find expose a count of active connections nor what the
configured maximum is.

Is there a way to get the count of active connections & the configured max for a named
connection pool (I can find the names via JMX or JNDI) or for all connection pools?

Thanks in advance,
Zac Bedell