tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TomEE 7.0.1] Does openejb-core-hibernate have the same usage as openejb-core-eclipselink in tomee-embedded-maven-plugin?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 12:32:08 GMT

> Romain Manni-Bucau wrote
> > Hello,
> >
> > First there is no "usage of openejb-core-x in
> > tomee-embedded-maven-plugin".
> > These dependencies were originally there to replace openejb-core in
> > embedding testing (pure openejb).
> >
> > Concretely they just switch the jpa (+ for hibernate the bean validation)
> > implementation. This means that is you define hibernate dependencies
> > yourself this is pretty useless to use that dependency.
> >
> > With hibernate you also have to take care to exclude the conflicting API
> > (jpa and few others).
>
> Thanks for clarify.
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau wrote
> > Finally a big warning for hibernate on > 7.0.1: jpa-cdi has a chicken egg
> > issue, to be spec compliant I fixed it for the coming 7.0.2 but for
> > hibernate it implies to start it lazily (there is a property for that)
> > otherwise it will start using CDI before CDI is started (all details are
> > on
> > the associated jira ticket if you are interested).
>
> My intention is use just the default tomee-embedded-maven-plugin config.
> But
> for this I need JPA 2.1 provider.
> Requirement: converters for javax.time and schema-generation.
>
> Any chance of using OpenJPA-3? It seems frozen. I would like to help by
> trying it and reporting issues.

Hehe "frozen" is quite rude since it got activity last week. Yes it doesn't
move very fast but there are some milestone plans. However converters are
not there yet (at least standard ones) and schema-generation is under
discussion so too early for these features. That said joining openjpa@ list
showing you have some interest on that can help us moving faster on that
than what "we think" is expected.