tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to share identity between several TomEE servers
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 10:19:18 GMT

> Hi Romain,
>
> Thank you very much. It seems to do the trick.
>
> 1. What is the purpose of this property?

By default ejbd uses a session so flow is something like:

a. login
b. do business calls
c. logout

If B is 1000000 of calls you still have had a single a (and will get a
single c)

With this property flow is a,b,c for each invocation but a and c are no
more needed globally. In other words you authenticate where the request
ends each time.

> 2. I have a side effect. If my login module throw a FailedLoginException, I
> get the exception below when I create the InitialContext. Without
> 'openejb.ejbd.authenticate-with-request=true', FailedLoginException were
> nested in an 'AuthenticationException'

With that property you log in with a business call no more with an
authentication phase so doesn't shock or surprise me much. Is that an issue?