tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TomEE 7.0.1] Does openejb-core-hibernate have the same usage as openejb-core-eclipselink in tomee-embedded-maven-plugin?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 12:06:24 GMT
Hello,

First there is no "usage of openejb-core-x in tomee-embedded-maven-plugin".
These dependencies were originally there to replace openejb-core in
embedding testing (pure openejb).

Concretely they just switch the jpa (+ for hibernate the bean validation)
implementation. This means that is you define hibernate dependencies
yourself this is pretty useless to use that dependency.

With hibernate you also have to take care to exclude the conflicting API
(jpa and few others).

Finally a big warning for hibernate on > 7.0.1: jpa-cdi has a chicken egg
issue, to be spec compliant I fixed it for the coming 7.0.2 but for
hibernate it implies to start it lazily (there is a property for that)
otherwise it will start using CDI before CDI is started (all details are on
the associated jira ticket if you are interested).

Romain Manni-Bucau