tomee-users mailing list archives

From Gurkan Erdogdu <gerdo...@managecat.com>
Subject Re: Get JDBC pool capacity
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 21:10:23 GMT
Hi

DBCP is not a good option against default one Tomcat JDBC Pool. I suggest to stick with Tomcat
JDBC Pool implementation against Common DBCP you set. You can read more about Tomcat JDBC
Pool in here, http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jdbc-pool.html <http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jdbc-pool.html>

Best
Gurkan
http://managecat.com <http://managecat.com/>

> On 29 Oct 2016, at 00:04, Zachary Bedell <zbedell@nycourts.gov> wrote:
>
> As far as I know, I didn't do anything to change the pooling implementation.
>
> It does all start working if I add an explicit "DataSourceCreator dbcp" to my datasource
definitions in resource.xml.  With that, the datasources section shows up in JMX, and I see
all the stats I need.

> I found a suggestion on this page (https://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/switching-of-datasource-connection-pooling-in-tomeeopenejb/)
that adding "openejb.jdbc.datasource-creator = dbcp" to system.properties should do the same
globally, but that didn't work for me.  Adding that & removing the DataSourceCreator entry
went back to no stats.  Maybe there's any updated name for that property?

<https://github.com/rmannibucau> |