tomee-users mailing list archives

From "mark.cavender" <mark.caven...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Want Tomee to login to Oracle without having to expose a password
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 19:46:03 GMT
Hi,

I have a small site where I have Oracle and TomEE running on the same
server.  My users will login to the database as themselves through an app.
However, I want TomEE to login to oracle at the startup to get a connection
pool.  I have read that you can use a secure external password store to make
this happen, however, when I try it, I get an invalid username/password
combination error.  I have set up an alias in the tnsnames.ora file, and I
can use sqlplus to connect to it without a password.  Do you have any
examples of someone using an Oracle wallet to allow TomEE to login to an
Oracle database without a password or is there a better way to accomplish
the same thing.  Thanks in advance,

Mark Cavender