tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomee-plume 7.0.2 context.xml not working as in tomee-plume 1.7.4
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2016 14:31:24 GMT
tomcat can create the instance before openejb/tomee starts which will
create another instance. it is often ok but rarely not (the issue)

Romain Manni-Bucau

> Hi Romain,
>     Thanks for the quick response. I am not clear on the "singleton can
> have 2 instances" statement and the issue TOMEE-1888 does not have much
> info. Can you please explain what I am going to run into if I run the
> system with the tomee.tomcat.datasource.wrap flag set to true ?
>
> -Thanks in advance
> -SP
>
> On Saturday 24 December 2016 07:36 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> this is due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1888
>>
>> if we wrap by default, singleton (scope of context.xml) can have 2
>> instances so default is aligned on tomcat to respect it
>>
>> updated doc at http://tomee.apache.org/admin/configuration/server.html
>>

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
>> <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

>> Hi guys,
>>>           I shifted a few applications from tomee-plume 1.7.4 to 7.0.2
>>> and
>>> the context.xml (in webapp's META-INF) resources stopped working as it
>>> used
>>> to. The persistence mappings were found to be not JTA managed and tomee
>>> was
>>> allocating hsql entries for them and causing issues. I tried moving the
>>> resources to resources.xml and then naming lookups under
>>> java:/comp/env/jdbc stopped working. I can get it all to work by
>>> specifying
>>> the same resources in context.xml and resources.xml at the same time and
>>> that does not look right.
>>>
>>>      Looking at the code, I figured that the JTA managed flag was
>>> reported
>>> as missing because the resource properties, when loaded from context.xml,
>>> was getting loaded as a "reference".
>>>
>>>  From context.xml
>>> ------------------------
>>> {jndiName=jdbc/K11WriteDb, appName=localhost/k11, factory=null,
>>> reference=ResourceRef[className=javax.sql.DataSource,factory
>>> ClassLocation=null,factoryClassName=org.apache.naming.
>>> factory.ResourceFactory,{type=scope,content=Shareable},{
>>> type=auth,content=Container},{type=singleton,content=true},{
>>> type=password,content=test},{type=maxIdle,content=10},{
>>> type=validationQuery,content=select 1},{type=JtaManaged,content=tr
>>> ue},{type=driverClassName,content=org.postgresql.Driver},{
>>> type=maxWait,content=10000},{type=url,content=jdbc:postgres
>>> ql://localhost:5432/k11?targetServerType=master},{type
>>> =maxActive,content=100},{type=username,content=k11}],
>>> OriginalId=jdbc/K11WriteDb}
>>>
>>>  From resources.xml
>>> {JtaManaged=true, JdbcDriver=org.postgresql.Driver,
>>> JdbcUrl=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/k11?targetServerType=master,
>>> UserName=k11, Password=test, PasswordCipher=PlainText,
>>> OpenEJBResourceClasspath=false, maxIdle=10, validationQuery=select 1,