tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artemis Switch status
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:21:22 GMT

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 2:36 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
> <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Clebert
> >
> > Since tomee support custom resource instantiation and resource adapters,
> it
> > is just a matter of configuring it normally.
>
> Is it? I couldn't make it work last time..

Where are you blocked, can help on that

> > Didnt check lately but AMQ (4/5) being more than widely abused switching
> > without having a compatibility in term of feature (openwire, network of
> > broker, auto creation of resources, ....) and stack (almost no external
> > dependencies) would be a real challenge.
>
> We have those. Although I don't foresee every single feature
> implemented between AMQ5 and Artemis for two reasons:
>
> - some won't make sense
> - some have different demands these days.

well, a lot are so widely used than compat there is not (yet?) an option
for us I fear

> > Note however it only affects plus version and not tomee embedded or tomee
> > webprofile which can be customized by the user.
>
> I agree a wide switch would need to be done on a major bump.
> >
> > An idea could be to use in Artemis tomee maven plugin to "tomee:build" an
> > Artemis distribution with a default config and dependencies.
> >
> > Wdyt?
>
> I don't understand what that means. Do you have a pointer?

http://tomee.apache.org/developer/tools/maven/tomee.html tomee:build will
allow you to build a tomee zip/tar.gz with artemis pre setup if you pass
the first point and distribute it as a
"tomee-artemis" distro.

> I won't be able to work on this this year anyways... I was just
> checking the status and making my new years resolution to what I will
> have to work on :) I will soon be on holidays break.
>

> Have nice holidays.

you too!