tomee-users mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artemis Switch status
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:22:23 GMT
> You forget one very important point which is the lib stack, last time I
> checked - can be irrelevant now - Artemis needed a lot of libraries and
> moreover not much overlapping with tomee libraries which concretely means a
> lot of potential conflicts with user libs is not deployed as a RAR.
> Think/Hope it changed since it was early times but this is an important
> point at out level.

Artemis itself have a lot of libraries... beyond some
commons-libraries and geronimo libraries, these are the libraries we
use:

airline (could be removed on an integrated version with tomee)
jboss-loggins
jboss-logmanager
johzon (it's an apache project)
jetty (could be removed on an integrated version)
jgroups (optional on the integrated)
tomcat-servlet (I bet you have something similar)
slf4j (i bet you have something similar).

So.. these libraries are just regular libraries...

you need some work done to integrate artemis well.. but I don't see
any issues...

It's a different product and the libraries are different.. and that
will never be fixed.

Anyways, all I am looking for now is a way to give users an option to
run on tomee if possible. lets talk again next year :) probably around
feb.