tomee-users mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artemis Switch status
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:44:11 GMT
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 2:36 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
>> <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Clebert
>> >
>> > Since tomee support custom resource instantiation and resource adapters,
>> it
>> > is just a matter of configuring it normally.
>>
>> Is it? I couldn't make it work last time..
>>

> Where are you blocked, can help on that
>

>> > Didnt check lately but AMQ (4/5) being more than widely abused switching
>> > without having a compatibility in term of feature (openwire, network of
>> > broker, auto creation of resources, ....) and stack (almost no external
>> > dependencies) would be a real challenge.
>>
>> We have those. Although I don't foresee every single feature
>> implemented between AMQ5 and Artemis for two reasons:
>>
>> - some won't make sense
>> - some have different demands these days.
>>

> well, a lot are so widely used than compat there is not (yet?) an option
> for us I fear

- We already have Openwire compatibility.
- The thing that will hang most users is the lack of virtual topics.
that you can replace by Diverts... and you don't really need it with
JMS2. I don't really think it's an issue... you can safely use Artemis
without ever needing these features. Especially on cases for J2EE
usecases. (see wildfly is using Artemis wildly already).

You have a lot more to gain on using Artemis, than you would miss from
certain features. I think it would be a wise move on the next major
release.

Look at the whole progress we have made this past year with Artemis.
You can send thousands messages / second without much effort. Paging
could be totally based on disk.. and throughput a lot faster... it's
getting really mature.

This should be a community decision. I can help you on discussions
whenever they happen. I don't follow this thread closely, so please
ping me somehow you can whenever you need my attention here?

But at least you already have an options now.. I will play with that next year.

--
Clebert Suconic