tomee-users mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artemis Switch status
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:18:48 GMT
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 2:36 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Clebert
>
> Since tomee support custom resource instantiation and resource adapters, it
> is just a matter of configuring it normally.

Is it? I couldn't make it work last time..

> Didnt check lately but AMQ (4/5) being more than widely abused switching
> without having a compatibility in term of feature (openwire, network of
> broker, auto creation of resources, ....) and stack (almost no external
> dependencies) would be a real challenge.

We have those. Although I don't foresee every single feature
implemented between AMQ5 and Artemis for two reasons:

- some won't make sense
- some have different demands these days.

> Note however it only affects plus version and not tomee embedded or tomee
> webprofile which can be customized by the user.

I agree a wide switch would need to be done on a major bump.

> An idea could be to use in Artemis tomee maven plugin to "tomee:build" an
> Artemis distribution with a default config and dependencies.
>
> Wdyt?

I don't understand what that means. Do you have a pointer?

I won't be able to work on this this year anyways... I was just
checking the status and making my new years resolution to what I will
have to work on :) I will soon be on holidays break.

Have nice holidays.