tomee-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do deal with occasional "Failed to validate a newly established connection."
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 17:30:44 GMT
this is linked to the pool configuration and the connection state. Guess
you'll need to investigate oracle configuration and maybe debug
tomcat-jdbc. A quick test can be to switch to dbcp (DataSourceCreator=dbcp)
and see if it happens too


Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
<https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
<https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

2017-01-19 18:29 GMT+01:00 KARR, DAVID <dk068x@att.com>:

> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Romain Manni-Bucau [mailto:rmannibucau@gmail.com]
> > Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:25 AM
> > To: users@tomee.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: How do deal with occasional "Failed to validate a newly
> > established connection."
> >
> > this is linked to the pool validations, not your business code I think
>
> Ok, that was somewhat obvious to me also, but what can I do about it?
>
> It's odd that this is only happening with one of the two queries, both of
> which are perfectly fine.
>
> > 2017-01-19 18:19 GMT+01:00 KARR, DAVID <dk068x@att.com>:
> >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: KARR, DAVID
> > > > Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 5:02 PM
> > > > To: users@tomee.apache.org
> > > > Subject: How do deal with occasional "Failed to validate a newly
> > > > established connection."
> > > >
> > > > I've got a small app running in Tomee.  It runs a couple of Oracle
> > > > db queries every two minutes.  I'm getting errors like this every
> > > > once in a
> > > > while:
> > > > ---------------
> > > > Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to validate a newly
> > > > established connection.
> > >
> > > Some other aspects of this are:
> > >
> > > I'm using the same DAO class to run two different queries.  I've run
> > > the app in the debugger and directly tested the queries in my SQL
> > browser.
> > > Both queries are fine.  In fact, when the app starts up, I get valid
> > > results from both queries for a few minutes.  Then, the second query
> > > of the two simply starts failing with this error every time.  The
> > > first query never has a problem.  Both queries are similar, simply
> > > returning a different set of columns and aggregates on the same table.
> > >
> > > When I restart the tome instance, the cycle starts over again.
> > >
> > >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message