tomee-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do deal with occasional "Failed to validate a newly established connection."
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 18:48:07 GMT
you can change the validation query and check if it has any effect

the weird part is this error looks like a stored proc issue (driver
version?).


Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
<https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
<https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

2017-01-19 19:31 GMT+01:00 KARR, DAVID <dk068x@att.com>:

> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Romain Manni-Bucau [mailto:rmannibucau@gmail.com]
> > Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:50 AM
> > To: users@tomee.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: How do deal with occasional "Failed to validate a newly
> > established connection."
> >
> > default is tomcat-jdbc (tomcat pool implementation)
> >
> > so there is an issue with your validation query or pool configuration if
> > it fails whatever pool you use. I think you can connect through JMX and
> > tune it there, will avoid some restarts.
>
> Ok, I connected from visualvm, and I'm looking at the datasource
> properties.  I'm not sure what to look for here.  Are you just saying that
> if I was going to change these settings, I could do it interactively
> instead of restarting?  Ok.  Nevertheless, I don't see what I can tune to
> make this stop happening.
>
> > 2017-01-19 18:46 GMT+01:00 KARR, DAVID <dk068x@att.com>:
> >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: Romain Manni-Bucau [mailto:rmannibucau@gmail.com]
> > > > Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:31 AM
> > > > To: users@tomee.apache.org
> > > > Subject: Re: How do deal with occasional "Failed to validate a newly
> > > > established connection."
> > > >
> > > > this is linked to the pool configuration and the connection state.
> > > > Guess you'll need to investigate oracle configuration and maybe
> > > > debug tomcat- jdbc. A quick test can be to switch to dbcp
> > > > (DataSourceCreator=dbcp) and see if it happens too
> > >
> > > Yes, that produced similar exceptions.  Without dbcp (what is it if I
> > > don't set it to dbcp?) I saw 20 immediate validation exceptions (2 *
> > > maxActive, I'm guessing), even before it got to my queries.  When I
> > > turned on dbcp, it seemed to delay the pool creation until the first
> > > query, so I got all the same exceptions at that point.
> > >
> > > > 2017-01-19 18:29 GMT+01:00 KARR, DAVID <dk068x@att.com>:
> > > >
> > > > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > > > From: Romain Manni-Bucau [mailto:rmannibucau@gmail.com]
> > > > > > Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:25 AM
> > > > > > To: users@tomee.apache.org
> > > > > > Subject: Re: How do deal with occasional "Failed to validate
a
> > > > > > newly established connection."
> > > > > >
> > > > > > this is linked to the pool validations, not your business code
I
> > > > > > think
> > > > >
> > > > > Ok, that was somewhat obvious to me also, but what can I do about
> > it?
> > > > >
> > > > > It's odd that this is only happening with one of the two queries,
> > > > > both of which are perfectly fine.
> > > > >
> > > > > > 2017-01-19 18:19 GMT+01:00 KARR, DAVID <dk068x@att.com>:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > > > > > From: KARR, DAVID
> > > > > > > > Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 5:02 PM
> > > > > > > > To: users@tomee.apache.org
> > > > > > > > Subject: How do deal with occasional "Failed to validate
a
> > > > > > > > newly established connection."
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > I've got a small app running in Tomee.  It runs a
couple of
> > > > > > > > Oracle db queries every two minutes.  I'm getting
errors
> > > > > > > > like this every once in a
> > > > > > > > while:
> > > > > > > > ---------------
> > > > > > > > Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to validate
a newly
> > > > > > > > established connection.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Some other aspects of this are:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I'm using the same DAO class to run two different queries.
> > > > > > > I've run the app in the debugger and directly tested the
> > > > > > > queries in my SQL
> > > > > > browser.
> > > > > > > Both queries are fine.  In fact, when the app starts up,
I get
> > > > > > > valid results from both queries for a few minutes.  Then,
the
> > > > > > > second query of the two simply starts failing with this
error
> > > > > > > every time.  The first query never has a problem.  Both
> > > > > > > queries are similar, simply returning a different set of
> > > > > > > columns and
> > > > aggregates on the same table.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > When I restart the tome instance, the cycle starts over
again.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > >
> > >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message