tomee-users mailing list archives

From jlessner <jan.less...@bertelsmann.de>
Subject JNDI lookup of EJBs from outside the server
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 12:46:44 GMT
Hello everybody
I have troubles performing a JNDI lookup for EJBs from an external client
application. I followed all the explainations I could find from the Tomee
documentation and spend a few hours time now, but I'm still stuck. I'm sure
it is a silly Tomee newbie mistake although I have pretty mich experience
with other application servers.

I'm working with Tomee Plume 7.0.2 which I simply unzipped and started as is
by running startup.bat. I successfully deployed an EJB within a war file and
see the appropriate JNDI binding messages in the application server's
console like that:

The EJB has a remote Interface, so it should be accessible by JNDI lookup.
Then I followed the instructions from  http://tomee.apache.org/clients.html
<http://tomee.apache.org/clients.html>   starting with section "Remote
Client with HTTP (in TomEE)". The lookup failed with a root cause message
like

This message is independent from what I actually provide as the lookup name.
The URL which the application server complains about is the URL which I
configured as the  java.naming.provider.url according to the documentation.

Just to be sure, I also tried to use the OpenEJB provider URLs from the same
documentation page (http://localhost:4204/ejb and ejbd://localhost:4201)
which failed with connection timeout as Tomee obviously does not expect
connections at these ports.

So where is my mistake?