tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Stiles <dsti...@opentext.com>
Subject Re: Problem with accessing multiple DB2 datasources within one transaction using TomEE
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 20:02:47 GMT
I have now tested with every combination of DB2 drivers 10.5 fp 3/4/5/8 and
11.1 fp 1 on both 10.5 and 11.1, all with the same failure results.

Finding any information about the error is certainly challenging. Finding
others also looking for information was easier. But I did find the
explanation "An error occurred that does not fit in another category."
stated here
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPEK_10.0.0/java/src/tpc/imjcc_rjvjcsqc.htm,
which gives instruction to call SQLException.getMessage for more
information, and which simply returns "Unable to enlist connection in
transaction: enlistResource returns 'false'.".

I also discovered the following two problem reports, one with TomEE and one
with JBoss that look to be the same sort of problem, but with Oracle...

http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Oracle-XA-with-different-credentials-fails-td4680456.html
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-7086

And I'll say again that I did see the same Oracle exception with the
embedded TomEE case. And while I don't completely follow the discussion with
either of these other reported problems, both appear to be suggesting there
are issues with the containers (the JBoss one actually looks to be resolved
with a JBoss change), or at least that the problem can be resolved in the
container. I find it especially interesting that in the JBoss case, it's
stated that there was no problem seen with DB2 (and again we see no problem
with DB2 running with WebLogic).