tomee-users mailing list archives

From Ihsan Ecemis <miece...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using JMS Message Groups with TomEE
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 01:30:42 GMT

Not exactly…  We want to serialize message processing for a given Message Group.

Let me give a concrete examples:  Say our messages are User Requests and we have 10,000 Users
sending us 1K messages/sec.

We want to process these messages in parallel overall,  but serially for a given User.

If we use 1 MDB, then all the User Requests (1K messages/sec) will be processed by 1 Thread.
 which is not what we want.  We want to process them with many MDBs but we don’t want 2
MDBs to process a request from the same User in parallel.

Message Group solution is to set JMSXGroupID = User Id, but as far as I understand that works
for MessageConsumers and not for MessageListeners..  Oracle documentation is a little confusing
around this cause it sometimes refers MessageListeners as Message Consumers  (And many other
people follow the same confusing nomenclature).

Hope the example above is clear.  Let me know if you have any questions.