tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TomEE 7.0.2 - increasing quartz tx database connections
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 12:41:32 GMT

> Hi Romain!
>
> I'm not sure if I get you right: Changes were done but should not have in
> impact, right?

In term of tomee code yes, if you check the release note on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12336943,
only [TOMEE-1964 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1964>]  can
be impacting and related to xa databases.

However I have to admit I didn't check all the changes in tomcat-jdbc so if
you use this one and not dbcp then it can have some impacting changes you
don't see in tomee changelog itself.

> Can I somehow revert these changes to get sure if or if not they are cause
> for the issue?

one option, a bit time consuming but "secured" in the sense you'll find the
cause for sure is to take git version just before 7.0.1 release and then
doing a dichotomy test all revisions until it breaks.

It will likely need a small sample easy to run but will ensure you find it
in a finite period of time and avoid this effect "almost there, almost
there"[1 month later]"not sure it fixes it :s".