tomee-users mailing list archives

From COURTAULT Francois <Francois.Courta...@gemalto.com>
Subject RE: Jackson vs Johnzon JAX-RS provider
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 15:17:25 GMT
Hello Romain,

What do you mean exactly by "lack of modelling of the json model" ? Do you think about Java
to JSON mapping which is not standardized yet but should be soon ?
Do you think that the JSON-B specification (JSR 367) will cover this topic and will address
all the issues ?
Tell me, if I am wrong, but Johnzon will follow the JSON-B spec, right ?

Best Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Romain Manni-Bucau [mailto:rmannibucau@gmail.com]
Sent: vendredi 31 mars 2017 16:57
To: users@tomee.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jackson vs Johnzon JAX-RS provider

Hi Fran├žois,

jackson has a few more advanced feature but I'll say a word on it at the end.
In term of perf it is a bit faster but if you use it for JAXRS then HTTP is so slow compared
to json roundtrip than you dont care of which provider you use (in term of scale).
jackson has more binding support, the most known are yaml and jaxb...but that's out of json

Now johnzon is jsonp based, very light and Apache powered compared to jackson (to answer to
the implicit "why johnzon in tomee").

About the first point: most of the very advanced features are due to a lack of modelling of
the json model so before jumping on them you should ask
yourself: do I need it or am I messing up my app? in 80% of the case it is the last one from
experience.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>