tomee-users mailing list archives

From COURTAULT Francois <Francois.Courta...@gemalto.com>
Subject Not the same behaviour between Johnzon and Jackson
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 07:00:43 GMT
Hello,

I have written a simple JAX-RS endpoint (POST) which takes an object which contain one String
field annotated @NotNull.
The POST method returns the object received.

Then I invoke this endpoint:

-          Johnzon:

o   If I send a payload with one field which doesn't match the field name of the Class defined
at server side: I get a 200 OK and a returned payload empty

o   If I send a payload with 2 fields whether the second one is valuated or not: I get a 200
OK and a returned payload empty

-          Jackson:

o   If I send a payload with one field which doesn't match the field name of the Class defined
at server side: I get a 500 KO with UnrecognizedPropertyException

o   If I send a payload with 2 fields whether the second one is valuated or not: I get a 500
OK with UnrecognizedPropertyException

What is the right behavior (Johnzon or Jackson) ? Is this behavior defined in the JAX-RS 2.0
specification ?

Best Regards.
This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may contain confidential
information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the message if
altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please
delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses,
the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.