tomee-users mailing list archives

From Paul Carter-Brown <paul.carter-br...@smilecoms.com>
Subject JTA Commit Timing
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:59:07 GMT
Hi

I have a call flow as follows in tomee:

1. Client calls jaxws service that adds a row into mysql table. EJB is
using JTA with eclipselink JPA entity bean. Seevice returns the primary key
of the row just added.
2. Client uses returned soap message that contains the primary key and
calls a second service that does a select for the row in question.

The service in 1 and 2 is in the same tomee instance and caching in jpa is
disabled. Tx isolation isread committed.

Under high load and concurrency doing about 1000 tps i get about a 20%
failure rate where the service at stage 2 cannot find the row inserted at
stage 1. The row is inserted at some stage as i do see it in the db. Its as
though service 1 is returning prior to the database having committed the
data. My understanding is that this should not be possible as it would
create all sorts of inconsistencies. Is what i am observing expected
behaviour?

Paul

Sent from my phone. Message may be brief and contain typos.

--

This email is subject to the disclaimer of Smile Communications at http://www.smilecoms.com/home/email-disclaimer/
<http://www.smilecoms.com/disclaimer>