tomee-users mailing list archives

From JumpStart <geoff.callender.jumpst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading OpenEJB Standalone to 7.0.3
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 07:01:47 GMT
Yes, but not as a starting point. It is mostly a reference document, whereas I need a "getting
started guide”, with a really basic, working example that tells me:

- What to put in my conf/ directory. I presume tomee.xml is required, but is it, and does
it need to be modified?
- What to put in my RunTomEE class. Will the example find my tommy.xml? Does it need to? How
will it find my exploded WAR that’s in collapsed EAR format? That page leaves me guessing.
- Which jars need to be in the classpath. I have absolutely no idea, and I’d rather not
include everything from tomee's lib.
- What’s a good set of system properties to set. There are so many possible combinations,
so I’d like to be given initial ones that work.

I did actually try working from that page a couple of days ago, but had to abandon it after
a lot of trial and error, and I’m still left with all the above questions unanswered.

Geoff

> On 2 Jun 2017, at 2:08 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Does http://tomee.apache.org/advanced/tomee-embedded/ helps?
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau>

>> Instead, I would be happy to switch to embedded TomEE, instead of embedded
>> Jetty, if that’s practical and there are good step-by-step instructions.
>>
>> For me, I just need to know what to put into web/src/test/conf/,
>> RunTomEE.java (like my RunJetty.java), which jars to use, and essential
>> system properties.
>>
>> For a wider audience, IMHO something like this page about Jetty would be
>> great:
>>
>>        https://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Tutorial/Embedding_Jetty <
>> https://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Tutorial/Embedding_Jetty>
>>
>>> On 1 Jun 2017, at 7:37 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> think i know what's happening, not really sure how to solve properly it
>>> since it can be due to your integration: jetty is mutating the context
>>> packages (how new InitialContext() is resolved) and indeed we use jetty
>>> JNDI space instead of openejb one which has the binding. Maybe try
>> starting
>>> openejb before jetty or enforcing openejb package first
>>> in javax.naming.Context#URL_PKG_PREFIXES system property (I'm not sure
>>> there the manipulation jetty does)
>>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/