tomee-users mailing list archives

From sgjava <sgj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JPA vs DBUtils
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 16:32:10 GMT
No worries, I just wanted you to know I have quite of bit of Java EE
experience and wasn't trying to be one of those annoying noobs trying to
waste your time :) I know this isn't a scientific performance test, but it's
something to start a discussion (which it did). After adding the latest
suggestions things are getting closer:

Jun 21, 2017 11:44:22 AM com.codeferm.jpavsdbutils.PerformanceTest
performance
INFO: JPA add elapsed milliseconds: 1111
Jun 21, 2017 11:44:22 AM com.codeferm.jpavsdbutils.PerformanceTest
performance
INFO: JPA get elapsed milliseconds: 55
Jun 21, 2017 11:44:23 AM com.codeferm.jpavsdbutils.PerformanceTest
performance
INFO: JPA delete elapsed milliseconds: 641

Jun 21, 2017 11:44:23 AM com.codeferm.jpavsdbutils.PerformanceTest
performance
INFO: DbUtils add elapsed milliseconds: 375
Jun 21, 2017 11:44:23 AM com.codeferm.jpavsdbutils.PerformanceTest
performance
INFO: DbUtils get elapsed milliseconds: 40
Jun 21, 2017 11:44:23 AM com.codeferm.jpavsdbutils.PerformanceTest
performance
INFO: DbUtils delete elapsed milliseconds: 306

I ran the tests twice in the same container to factor in JIT improvements. I
also added the OpenEJB javaagent since it was complaining about not
optimizing the JPA entity class. Things are much closer now. Latest is on
Github https://github.com/sgjava/jpavsdbutils