tomee-users mailing list archives

From COURTAULT Francois <Francois.Courta...@gemalto.com>
Subject Bean Validation 1.1 feasibility question
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2017 07:25:29 GMT
Hello,

Let's say that I want to use the same POJO with 3 fields (field1, field2, field3) for 2 REST
calls.
For the first REST call, I want to check that one of the 3 fields are not null and the 2 other
ones are null.
For the second REST call, I want to check that at least one of the 3 fields is not null.
In order to achieve that, my understanding is that I have to use class level constraint, right
?

But, how to achieve that with Java Bean Validation 1.1 using only annotation ?
Thanks to some reading, I was thinking about using Java Bean Validation group feature but
what I don't get is that I can't use something like @Valid(group="mygroup1") for the first
REST call and @Valid(group="mygroup2") for the second REST call!
But programmatically, I can perform the following operations: validator.validate(myobject,
"mygroup1")  and validator.validate(myobject, "mygroup2"), right ?

Could someone help me to solve this issue ?

Best Regards.
This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may contain confidential
information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the message if
altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please
delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses,
the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.