tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Registering Mapper in Johnzon
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2017 14:34:32 GMT
if the performances are the same we can, I guess doing a contains('-')
is enough to switch between two formatters. Issue on j7 was there was
no built-in way to have this pattern (the SimpleDateFormat hack you
sometimes see *doesn't* work). Now we are on j8 I guess you are right
and can support both OOTB.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

<paul.carter-brown@opposablethumbs.io>:
> Hi Romain,
>
> Any way we can allow it to happily parse boih long and short ISO 8601
> strings. Technically its possible but would you have an objection? The
> issue is that less and less people are using the short format in JSON due
> to the default way javascript maps date to string.
>
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> answered, story short we should just import the ones from jsonb
>> modules (all are there I think) now master is java 8 - was the only
>> reason why it was not in mapper, because mapper was java 7.
>>
>> A small side note: we can probably not break the java.util.Date
>> formatter which uses short iso8061 pattern instead of the long one.
>>
>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

>> com>:
>> > Hi Romain,
>> >
>> > With JDK 1.8 becoming mainstream there will be a lot more use of
>> > java.time.Instant as the standard way of handling dates as opposed to
>> > java.util.date. In addition, rest services are standardising more and
>> more
>> > on the ISO 8061 date format (e.g. 2007-12-03T17:15:30+03:00). I thus
>> > believe that Johnzon should support this out of the box  In this regard
>> > I've created a pull request for this functionality so it can be included
>> in
>> > future TomEE releases https://github.com/apache/johnzon/pull/13
>> >
>> > I've use my fork on TomEE 7.0.4 and it now natively works with POJO's
>> using
>> > Instant data type
>> >
>> > Paul

>> <paul.carter-brown@smilecoms.