tomee-users mailing list archives

From COURTAULT Francois <Francois.Courta...@gemalto.com>
Subject RE: : Re: Re: : Re: : Re: : Re: Injecting WebserviceContext returns null
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:56:41 GMT
Hello Romain,

OK but this didn't happen with the other App Servers. The only I haven't tried is Liberty
but I can if you want.
So for me it's a bug, right ?

Best Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Romain Manni-Bucau [mailto:rmannibucau@gmail.com]
Sent: lundi 27 novembre 2017 11:47
To: users@tomee.apache.org
Subject: [++SPAM++]: Re: [++SPAM++]: Re: : Re: : Re: : Re: Injecting WebserviceContext returns
null

Back to the first post I think: you get a proxy and the proxy gets the injections properly
but this is not your business instance.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

> Hello Romain,
>
> I have defined an annotation like below:
> @Inherited
> @InterceptorBinding
> @Target({ElementType.METHOD, ElementType.TYPE})
> @Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
> public @interface Logged {
>
>   @Nonbinding
>   String logLevel() default "INFO";
> }
>
> Then, I have written a class like this:
> @Logged
> @Interceptor
> public class LoggingInterceptor {
>  private Class<?> intercepted;
>
> @AroundInvoke
>   public Object logMethod(final InvocationContext ctx) throws
> Exception { .....
>  }
> }
>
> In my POJO, webservice endpoint, I have:
> @WebService(name = "MyManager", targetNamespace
> ="http://com.test/wsdl", serviceName = "MyManagerService") @Logged
> public class MyManager implements IMyManager {
>   @Resource
>   private WebServiceContext wsc;       //=>=> ALWAYS null on TomEE 7.0.4!!!
> }
>
> That's the test case I built which doesn't work on TomEE 7.0.4 but works, as I have already
mentioned,  on Glassfish 4.1.2/5.0, Weblogic Server 12.2.1.3 and Wildfly 10.0.1/11.0.0.

bean somehow or a @Dependent cdi bean?

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

>> Hello Romain,
>>
>> Sorry to come back to you about this topic.
>> But I think there is a real issue with CDI interceptor in TomEE 7.0.4.
>>
>> Let me explain, I have removed in the LoggingInterceptor annotated with @Logged @Interceptor,
the code below
>>   @Inject
>>   @Intercepted
>>   private Bean<?> intercepted;
>>
>> And replace it by
>> private Class<?> intercepted;
>>
>> Then, I revert back the update I have done (eg make the WS endpoint also an EJB),
that is to say that my WS endpoint is now a pure POJO.
>> And, in this one,  I get the WebServiceContext with this code:
>> @Resource
>> private WebServiceContext wsc;
>>
>> I tested this on Wildfly 10.0.1/11.0.0, Glassfish 4.1.2/5.0 and
>> Weblogic 12.2.1.3 (eg 3 different app servers with also different versions for some
of them), and every time, wsc is not null This is not the case with TomEE 7.0.4.

>> Best Regards.

the code in order, for the WS endpoint, to become a stateless EJB (just add @Stateless) and
redeploy this new version and test it against TomEE, Glassfish 4.1.2 and Wildfly 10.1.0.

>> That's it.
>>
>> Best Regards.

TomEE and Wildfly as expected.
>>> I updated the Webservice POJO to become also a stateless EJB.
>>
>> also? so you deploy it twice potentially with different settings? EJB integration
should be more reliable yes since more mainstream and spec are more up to date with CDI.

>>> Having performed this update and deploy it in Glassfish 4.1.2, I had a runtime
issue:
>>> org.jboss.weld.exceptions.IllegalArgumentException: WELD-001405:
>>> Cannot inject [BackedAnnotatedField] @Inject @Intercepted private com.gemalto.jaxws.LoggingInterceptor.intercepted
in a class which isnt a bean Strange because Wildfly is using WELD as well and it works.

>> yes but versions are likely different and the integration is not the same for sure.
>>
>>> BTW, I have subscribed to metro@javaee.groups.io but when I tried to send an
email I got:
>>> A communication failure occurred during the delivery of this message. Please
try to resend the message later. If the problem continues, contact your helpdesk.
>>> The following organization rejected your message: lb01.groups.io.
>>>
>>> Anything I can do to make the sending to this mailing-list work ? Have you any
advice or tricks ?

>> Not sure to be honest, JAX-WS is not the highest priority specs so
>> not really sure what is the current state :s
>>

>>> Best Regards.

4.1.2, I can't deploy my application. The error message I get is:
an interface, and JAXB can't handle interfaces.

>>> This is funny it takes it as a jaxb class but setting the jaxb
>>> access to NONE on the class should be a workaround

I got the following exception:

because I can't find a portable solution except if I use standard interceptor instead of CDI
interceptor but, with this solution, we lose the facility to use annotation for interceptor.

>>> Did you try the lookup? I don't fully recall the jndi name but the resource should
be accessible through a jndi lookup in the invocation context.

>>> fear we are in a migration state but entry point would be
>>> https://javaee.github.io/metro-jax-ws/

 in order to work so I guess it is a cdi interceptor and, according to what you have said,
a new proxy is created and so the injection is not done on the right proxy, right ?

A workaround can be to have a jaws @vetoed pojo webservice and inject your cdi bean to delegate
the processing to it.

but we lose the beauty of using an annotation for interceptor, right ?

, then the injection is resolved.

with @WebService(name = "MyManager", targetNamespace = "http://xxx.yyy.test..com/", serviceName
= "MyManager", wsdlLocation =  "wsdl/MyManager.wsdl") like in the sample of my first email.
specification (maintenance release 5), page 82, §5.3 (javax.xml.ws.WebServiceContext)  except
that the annotation, in our development,  uses  attributes like name, ...

contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited.
not be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender.
transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted
virus.