tomee-users mailing list archives

From COURTAULT Francois <Francois.Courta...@gemalto.com>
Subject RE: TomEE supported on Java 9: when ?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 12:32:28 GMT
Hello,

Yes for sure but the path for TomEE 7.0.x (x>4) to be supported on Java 9 could be shorter
than the path to TomEE 8 / Java EE 8 /Java 9.

Just for you to understand where my request comes from: we are using TomEE as the infra for
some of our µServices and quite recently we talked
about how to optimize the memory footprint of those ones.
One idea, I have in mind to address this issue, is to use the Java 9 modularity feature in
order to only use what is requested by TomEE and our µS: this is why ...

Best Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Struberg [mailto:struberg@yahoo.de.INVALID]
Sent: mercredi 6 décembre 2017 13:11
To: users@tomee.apache.org
Subject: Re: TomEE supported on Java 9: when ?

Btw, if we get a few more helping hands up then I'd be happy if someone could help me with
the TomEE8 branch ;)

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 06.12.2017 um 13:08 schrieb Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de>:
>
> I can roll an OWB-1.7.x release with Java9 support.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

>> Am 06.12.2017 um 13:03 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have seen that Tomcat 8.5.24 is supported on Java 9.
>>>
>>> I don't see in the TomEE 7.0.5 backlog any issue about Java 9 support.
>>
>> No plan yet AFAIK even if xbean is now released and ready.
>>
>>> Nevertheless, I have seen something linked to Tomcat 8.5.23 update. Should it
be better to update directly to Tomcat 8.5.24 instead ?

>> Should be done IMO, we generally release with the latest available
>> tomcat, don't think this time would be different.
>>

>>> Best Regards.
>>> This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may
contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited.
>>> E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the
message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
please delete it and notify the sender.
>>> Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free
from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.