tomee-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Touzery <emmanuel.touz...@lit-transit.com>
Subject Re: No Factories configured for this Application. This happens if the faces-initialization does not work at all
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:35:55 GMT
Hello,

     thank you for the advice. Yes it's by checking the web.xml that we
stumbled upon the prettyfaces dependency which we now removed. I'm
attaching the web.xml in case you maybe spot another oddity.
     Compared to the lib/ folder from the tomee 7.0.3 distribution, we
have added in our lib folder only the postgresql driver.

     In terms of the classpath, and apart from the prettyfaces
dependency which was present when we hit the issue, but that we've
removed now, all the dependencies which would be suspicious are listed
as 'provided' or 'test' in the pom, so shouldn't affect anything.

     Regards,

Emmanuel

On 17/07/18 06:36, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> Hi
>
> Maybe check your web.xml declaration of faces servlet, you classpath and
> webapp lib folder (some jsf api or impl leaking?) and finally ensure when
> you redeployed that you cleaned work/, conf/<instance> and other temporary
> folders in your catalina.base folder.
>
> Le mar. 17 juil. 2018 00:22, Jean-Louis Monteiro <jlmonteiro@tomitribe.com>
> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the detailed email with context and useful information.
>>
>> Is it random, or can you reproduce easily?
>> Are you using JDK 8?
>>
>> Regards
>> Jean-Louis
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>> http://www.tomitribe.com
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 1:54 PM, Emmanuel Touzery <
>> emmanuel.touzery@lit-transit.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>      we have a TOMEE 7.0.3 application, which uses also JMS, which works
>>> without issues. We've recently made a new version of the application (one
>>> of the notable changes is a migration from using the JMS1.1 to the JMS2
>>> API).
>>>
>>>      With the new version, we have an issue, but only on our PROD
>>> environment, where we get no errors in the catalina.out log file (but the
>>> application doesn't work), but an error in the localhost log file, the
>>> error being as in the title of the email, I put the info from the
>> localhost
>>> log file at the end of this email.
>>>
>>>      I can't put the source on github or something like that,
>>> unfortunately. What is strange is that this error does not occur on our
>>> staging or UAT environments, but it does occur every time (well, we tried
>>> multiple times to restart the application and it failed consistently) on
>>> the PROD environment. We copied the entire PROD tomee folder on another
>>> machine and failed to reproduce the issue. We also tried to simulate
>>> incoming traffic when restarting the application, and run it against a
>>> backup of the PROD database... Somehow we can't reproduce the error. We
>> are
>>> guessing that maybe the PROD traffic is higher than what we can simulate
>>> and some incoming message comes at just the wrong time? But we don't know
>>> for sure.
>>>
>>>      Now, studying the issue, we realized that we used to have this in our
>>> src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml:
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><faces-config xmlns="
>>> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2
>>> 001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://jav
>>> a.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jav
>>> aee/web-facesconfig_2_1.xsd" version="2.1"><managed-bean><m
>>> anaged-bean-name>login</managed-bean-name><managed-bean-
>>> class>com.lecip.tms.tms_core.application.Login</managed-

>>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee
>>> http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_2_2.xsd"
>>>                version="2.2">
>>> </faces-config>
>>>
>>>      Could this be the cause for that error that we saw in our PROD
>>> environment? Or you would think the root cause would be something else?
>> The
>>> problem is that it's pretty difficult for us to experiment with changes
>>> since any deployment on PROD must be first validated on staging and
>> UAT...
>>> Any hints? Is there maybe some logging configuration flag we could
>> activate
>>> to get more information about the error? Or any other place to look to
>> get
>>> more information about the issue?
>>>
>>>      The irony is that we use JSF only for the login screen and nowhere
>>> else...
>>>
>>>      Regards,
>>>
>>> Emmanuel
>>>
>>> 12-Jul-2018 17:44:04.335 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1]
>>>
>> org.apache.tomcat.util.descriptor.web.SecurityConstraint.findUncoveredHttpMethods
>>> For security constraints with URL pattern [/*] only the HTTP methods
>> [TRACE
>>> HEAD DELETE POST GET OPTIONS PUT] are covered. All other methods are
>>> uncovered.
>>> 12-Jul-2018 17:44:22.078 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1]