tomee-users mailing list archives

From fabian-a.rich...@rohde-schwarz.com
Subject TomEE Performance
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2018 06:27:50 GMT
Hey,

we have been running some performance tests with our application (TomEE 7.0.5
based) and are stuck:

Until 4 core VMs (or docker containers) we see a linear increase in
performance, which is great and was anticipated.

But after 4 cores, we barely get 10% (with 8 cores) more performance of the
system.

We used jmeter based load tests (SOAP calls) with 10/20/30/40 and 100 threads,
VM to VM via 1gbit, and 4 GB of RAM.

We played around with session bean pool sizes (min set to thread count, max to
1000) and stateful bean pool settings and also with jvm heap size and GC
parameters, to no avail.

Are there any more performance parameters we can toy around with in TomEE or
Tomcat that you can recommend?

Thank you and best

Fabian